UAA Annual Picnic will be held at Fort Hunt Park in Alexandria, Virginia. See below for more details.
Rev. David Beckmann, longtime President of Bread for the World and a World Food Prize laureate, will speak at a UAA/DACOR Development Dialogue on“U.S. Politics Now and International Development.” David will open a conversation about Trump administration policies, bipartisan congressional support for development assistance,4 Round Glass Beaded White Placemats Table Place Mats & Coasters Christmas Set the elections, and advocacy strategies, all designed to find the best ways to help sustain a generation of progress against poverty.
Location Fort Hunt Park, Site B-001: 8999 Fort Hunt Road (off George Washington Memorial Parkway) – Alexandria, VA 2230842cm Original Paella Pan Set + 40cm Gas Burner + Lid + Stainless Steel Spoon
In order for us to have adequate water and soft drinks available, please let us know that you are coming and how many adults and children you are bringing as guests. 4 Royal Stafford fireplace soup cereal salad bowl Christmas holiday new England
The UAA will have its annual picnic on Saturday, September 7 at Fort Hunt picnic area. Our get together is scheduled from noon until 3:00pm. We hope everyone will come and bring other alumni, children, guitars, games, etc. The parking lot is a very short stroll to the sheltered picnic area, so we will proceed rain or shine.4 San Miguel 100% Recycled Glass Goblet Wine 650cc Assorted colors New
Based on the enthusiastic response the last three years, we decided to repeat our successful pot luck so that people can bring dishes to share. We will provide non-alcoholic beverages and water, table covers, paper goods, cups and plastic flatware. Please bring your own wine and beer – and some to share. The area has a liquor license, 4 serviettes de table Taupebut for wine and beer only.
Please bring one dish sufficient for 6 to 8 people. If you have a special dish that would be great. Otherwise, bring a dish according to the following categories:
- People with last names beginning A through D please bring a salad or side dish.
- People with last names beginning E through M please bring a main dish.
- People with last names beginning N through R please bring an appetizer.
- People with last names beginning S through Z please bring a dessert.
Directions: Fort Hunt is South of Alexandria and just north of Mount Vernon.
- 3D Beautiful Bouquet 7 Wall Paper Murals Wall Print Wall Wallpaper Mural AU Kyra
- (Stainless Steel) - Morphy Richards Accents Mug Tree and Towel Pole Set,
- Clear Microwave Cover - CASE OF 72
- Limited Run Jonathan Adler Vice Collection Prozac Canister - Rare Brown & bluee
- REPLACEMENT BULB FOR FORD E150-E350 YEAR 1985 HEADLIGHTS LOW DUAL 65W 12.80V
- T8-20W T5-18W Integrated LED Tube 85V-265V For Decoration Kitchen Indoor Lights
- Vintage Wrought Iron Heavy Metal 2 Tier Fruit Vegetable Basket Bowl Stand - 12
- 3D Lake Mountain 7 Open Windows WallPaper Murals Wall Print Decal Deco AJ WALL
- 4ft-20ft Rustic Sliding Wood Barn Door Hardware Closet Kit For One Two Doors
- Ergon Tr3nd Concrete Decgold Needle White 30x30 cm 30F80RB E45U Betonoptik Fl...
- Papel Pintado Mural De Vellón purple Flores 211 Paisaje Fondo De Pansize ES AJ
- (cool grey, Large) - Koziol Palsby L, Bowl Plastic, Plastic, cool grey, Large
- 3D Snow Road Tablecloth Table Cover Cloth Birthday Party AJ WALLPAPER UK Lemon
- Blythe Mug Cup Margo Unique Girl Rare Very Cute From Japan
- Extra Large Glass Tea Coffee Mugs Cups With Spoons Ideal For XL Tassimo Pods
- Kook Ceramic French Onion Soup Bowls with Handles Dishwasher Safe 12 Ounce 4set
- From I-395, take exit 10B for the southbound George Washington Memorial Parkway.
- Merge onto the parkway and continue for about 12 miles.
- Turn right onto Fort Hunt Road.
- Continue to Fort Hunt Park
On June 20, 4 Set Staub ceramica kännchen Bricco del latte tondo red ciliegia 0,25L LUAA Executive Committee members introduced the new USAID Deputy Administrator Bonnie Glick to the goals and work of the USAID Alumni Association. The Deputy Administrator showed great interest in our work and directed senior staff of the Agency to work closely with us to explore opportunities for further collaboration.
Co-Chairs Chris Crowley and Nancy Tumavick, Board Member Terry Myers and Committee Co-Chair Rose Rakas presented information about UAA and ongoing activities that support USAID and outlined new initiatives under discussion with USAID senior staff members who also participated in the meeting:
- FS mentoring program and its inclusion as part of the Mission Directors Training Program at FSI;4 sets (12 piece) Large Japanese Ramen Noodle Soup Bowl Melamine Hard Plastic
- Oral Histories program supported by UAA volunteers who conducted some 70 interviews;
- UAA expert input to USAID policy papers at the early stages of development;
- Public Outreach in conjunction with USAID Development Diplomats, power point presentations developed with LPA, and support from the UAA Alumni network across the United States;46cm Professional Spanish ENAMELED STEEL Paella Pan PANS Heavy Duty
- Annual recognition ceremony for retirees sponsored by HCTM and LPA with support from UAA;4 Soda Can Glass Set Witch Clear orange French Filigree Halloween Drinking
- Assistance to PPL in review of evaluations and consolidation of lessons learned; and
- Establishment of a short-term internship for graduate students with the overseas Missions.
Only a short time remains for submission of nominations of a UAA member (or yourself) for the 2019 “Alumni of the Year” awards. Please send your nominations no later than July 31 to: 4 Spode MEADOW LANE Dressy Bunny Pastel colors gold Accents 6 Cereal Bowls NEW The prestigious awards will be announced at the UAA Annual General Meeting on October 25. The “Alumni of the Year” award recognizes and celebrates new paths taken in retirement by USAID alumni to provide service to their communities and improve the lives of others at home and abroad. There are impressive contributions among our alumni community waiting to be recognized. Example categories of service that are appropriate, but not limited to4 Sue Zipkin Hndpntd TUSCAN GARDENS Wine Rooster Olives Sunflowers Salad Plates, for consideration include:
- Service with nongovernmental organizations and other groups (profit or nonprofit) that work closely with communities with special needs, at home or abroad, or both (e.g., legal services or advocacy for disadvantaged groups, foster parenting, medical service in under-served areas, etc.).
- Service with groups that promote education (at any level), the arts and sciences (e.g., museums, community theater, music appreciation, etc.).
- Support for civic programs of any kind (e.g., scouts movement or projects promoted by groups such as the Lions, Rotary, or similar).
- Leadership excellence, including contributions to intellectual development and implementation (e.g., for sustained extraordinary achievement, dedication and passion in a leadership role).
- Service by alumni, including retirees and their spouses or partners, who are UAA members and actively support contributions in furtherance of social and economic development and humanitarian relief at home or abroad.
Don’t wait until the last minute to share those stories. All nominees, including the 2019 winner(s), will be profiled in future editions of the monthly UAA newsletter. For full details about the award and how to make nominations, 4 Teardrop Tumblers ,Rainbow Acrylic Drinkware Gift Set Glasses Tableware NEW.
The annual Spring Reception, hosted by Malcolm and Tish Butler on May 26 at their beautiful home and gardens in McLean, 4 Tile Casserole Stand - Botanical designwas a huge success. Over 60 UAA alumni, their guests, and USAID officials enjoyed the food, refreshments, and good friends and colleagues. The weather, although a bit warm, cooperated with no rain. If you were unable to join us at this fun event, make a note to come out in September for the UAA annual picnic at Fort Hunt Park in Alexandria.
455 Fishes Corals Sun 3D WallPaper Floor WALLPAPER AJ Decal Print Wall Murals 5523csqbg81423-Wallpaper Murals
As reported at the AGM and in monthly UAA Newsletters, the USAID History Project is well underway. Our author John Norris has done vast amounts of research and collected many hundreds of pages of valuable material. He has read every one of the more than a hundred oral histories of retired USAID staff, perused the relevant documents available online in USAID’s Development Experience Clearinghouse (DEC), read all the relevant USAID-related news clippings he could find, read many – but not yet all – of the many published books on aspects of USAID’s work, and drawn on many other sources as well.
He has begun to refine the material, starting to turn it into chapters while also working on a book proposal to shop to publishers. It is apparent, however, that the original highly ambitious goal of a completed manuscript in 18 months was unrealistic. John now believes he will be able to complete the task by the end of 2019. Our small UAA Advisory Committee has now reviewed the first four chapters and provided advice and concrete suggestions to complement John’s well-written and very interesting drafts.480LM Low Head Room Mounting Kit LiftMaster 8500W 8500 8900 Garage Door Opener
Once again, we want to thank our generous UAA members for their tremendous support for the project. About $210,000 was received from more than 150 donors. We are not seeking any additional contributions at this time.4 Valorihome Italian Pasta Bowls Produce Market Salad Pomodori Adgreenising NWT Upon the book’s completion we shall review the need for further support which would be designed to promote various post-publication educational activities drawing on the book.
As it does every year, in January, the UAA sent a survey document to all of its members. The purpose of the survey was to understand better how well the organization is serving the needs and interests of its member constituents. By clicking here, you can read a summary of the survey results, as brilliantly composed by Sarah Clark.
Strategic Goals and Implementation Plan: The UAA Board approved an updated 4 Vintage blue creme türkis Keramik Kork Untersetzer & bluemenmuster Metall. This statement provides a medium-term guide for the work of the UAA. It is intended to be a working document that will be reviewed and revised from time to time to reflect evolving circumstances. Members are invited to provide comments and suggestions on the goals and implementing actions at any time. 4er Set Hirsch Reh Feinstes Porzellan Becher Präsentations- Geschenkbox
There has been one new entry since the March 2019 update of the Bibliography of USAID Authors (see link below) .
All new books are highlighted in blue in the bibliography and easy to find. We hope you’ll take a few minutes to look at the summaries of these books in the bibliography and perhaps buy one or two to read and keep for your personal library. Please send info on any new (or old) books by USAID authors, family members, FSNs, and PSCs to John Pielemeier at 4 Vintage Wedgwood Green Rimmed GARDEN Cereal Soup Bowls.
To view the updated bibliography, click 4 WHISKEY GLÄSER PEILL & SÖHNE KRISTALL GLAS.
In 2019, the UAA will continue to recognize significant contributions by USAID Alumni through its signature Alumni of the Year Awards. Since the inception of the Awards Program in 2014, the UAA has recognized and celebrated new paths taken by USAID alumni to provide service to their communities and to make lasting contributions to others at home and abroad.4 Williams Sonoma Holiday Party Wine Bottles Holly 8-7 8 Dessert Plates
For the Alumni of the Year awards, your help is requested in identifying individuals whose post-USAID activities are truly exemplary and highlight the quality of our alumni community. We ask each of you to consider nominating (or self-nominating) someone you know who is deserving of this recognition.
Click 4 X 100% Authentic Copper Old Fashion Smooth Moscow Mule Mugs Cups Flat Lip 16ozto view the guidance.4pc 222 Fifth Porcelain Floral Bowls Village Spanish Large Soup Cereal Salad
The UAA/DACOR Development Dialogues is a series of interactive conversations on a broad range of topics relevant to the interests of international development professionals.
Below are summaries of the most recent events. Each includes a link either to an audio or video of the event. Being able to listen or watch an event should be of particular interest to Association members who live outside the DC area.
For a full archive of all events that have audio or video availability, please click 4 X Handmade Solid Copper Moscow Mule Mug Large Tankard Capacity 20 Ounce.
Before a capacity crowd at a luncheon meeting at DACOR on Friday, July 12, Liz Schrayer, President of the US Global Leadership Coalition, gave a spirited overview of her long experience leading the bipartisan efforts of the USGLC – a broad-based coalition of over 500 businesses and NGOs – to educate political candidates around the country and in the Congress about the importance of foreign assistance and US global engagement. This UAA/DACOR Development Dialogue event drew many State Department retirees as well as UAA members, and we were also delighted to have the next generation of a USAID Foreign Service Officers, represented by the 2019 Payne Fellows, 4 x Pizzateller 32 cm - Thomas Trend white - 15320 - Weiss - Tortenplatteattend the event as well. To permit her candid commentary, Ms. Schrayer’s presentation and the Q&A period was not recorded.
On June 3, at DACOR, William “Bill” Reese, CEO Emeritus of the International Youth Foundation USA, engaged with an appreciative audience on “Addressing the Youth Bulge – Is it all about Youth?” Reese,4Pcs 9.5-inch 20oz Porcelain Pasta Soup Bowls Rim Salad Bowl Set White a very experienced NGO leader who was for nine years also head of USAID’s voluntary foreign aid advisory committee, emphasized why it was so important for the development community to help countries deal within this enormous challenge. Listen to his talk and the discussion that followed here.
The UAA has a roster of some 65 alumni around the country who regularly speak to community groups, universities and others about a range of international development and foreign affairs issues, and who are available for additional engagements. Further information about the UAA Speakers Bureau can be found in the attached brochure. To become a member of the Speakers’ Roster is simple. Just fill in the information 4 NEW ANTHROPOLOGIE Zebra Nature Table Dessert Plate Lou reda gold RIM and press the “send” button. If you are interested in finding USAID alumni in your area to speak at an event or to consult about a future program, contact 4.5 DOUBLE OLD FASHION PANELED CRYSTAL GLASS SET OF 6 GLASSES..
Some of you may have noticed the many changes that have been made to this, the UAA website. The objective is to provide a site that members will find useful and interesting – a place you will want to return to on a regular basis. 40 and Fantastic 22 oz Stainless Steel Insulated Tumbler with Lid Straw ...