New: A brand-new, unused, unopened, undamaged item in its original packaging (where packaging is ... Read moreabout the condition
UAA Annual Picnic will be held at Fort Hunt Park in Alexandria, Virginia. See below for more details.
Rev. David Beckmann, longtime President of Bread for the World and a World Food Prize laureate, will speak at a UAA/DACOR Development Dialogue on“U.S. Politics Now and International Development.” David will open a conversation about Trump administration policies, bipartisan congressional support for development assistance,10 Strawberry Street Whittier Platter with Handles in White (Set of 2) the elections, and advocacy strategies, all designed to find the best ways to help sustain a generation of progress against poverty.
Location Fort Hunt Park, Site B-001: 8999 Fort Hunt Road (off George Washington Memorial Parkway) – Alexandria, VA 2230810er SET Maxwell & Williams ABSTRACTION Schale Arrow 15 cm, Geschenkbox, Porzell
In order for us to have adequate water and soft drinks available, please let us know that you are coming and how many adults and children you are bringing as guests. 10 Strawberry Street Whittier Small Tureen in White (10pcs) Restaurant Dining
The UAA will have its annual picnic on Saturday, September 7 at Fort Hunt picnic area. Our get together is scheduled from noon until 3:00pm. We hope everyone will come and bring other alumni, children, guitars, games, etc. The parking lot is a very short stroll to the sheltered picnic area, so we will proceed rain or shine.10 Strawberry Street Whittier Square Bowl in White (Set of 2)
Based on the enthusiastic response the last three years, we decided to repeat our successful pot luck so that people can bring dishes to share. We will provide non-alcoholic beverages and water, table covers, paper goods, cups and plastic flatware. Please bring your own wine and beer – and some to share. The area has a liquor license, 10 Strawberry Street Z-Ware White Porcelain Bread & Butter Plate Set of 6but for wine and beer only.
Please bring one dish sufficient for 6 to 8 people. If you have a special dish that would be great. Otherwise, bring a dish according to the following categories:
- People with last names beginning A through D please bring a salad or side dish.
- People with last names beginning E through M please bring a main dish.
- People with last names beginning N through R please bring an appetizer.
- People with last names beginning S through Z please bring a dessert.
Directions: Fort Hunt is South of Alexandria and just north of Mount Vernon.
- Frank Lloyd Wright ROBERTS SKYLIGHT Design Laser Cut Wood Trivet
- Lenox 4-Piece French Perle Bead Dinner Set, White, New In Box
- OBERON COMPANY 24061 Cobalt Dbl Crwn Shield Drld For Brkt
- Schott Zwiesel Pure Crystal Red Wine Glass Set of 8
- Set of 4 CORELLE Cornerstone bluee Iris Dinner Plates 10-1 4” Excellent – 1 of 3
- Villeroy and Boch Old Luxembourg Teapot 1.10L
- (10)REPLACEMENT BULBS FOR TOYOTA FJ CRUISER YEAR 2009 FRONT SIDE MARKER LIGHT
- bluee 3.5 Watt LED PAR38 Dimmable LED Reflector
- Improvements All Metal 3 in 1 Projection Light with Remote NIB
- RAB 26 WATT Bronze LED LIGHT CLED Ceiling 2X13W Cool Light.
- REPLACEMENT LED FOR KEYSTONE TECHNOLOGIES KT-LED9T8-24G-840-S 9W
- 27793 - Veneziani Plain Metallic Aqua Galerie Wallpaper
- X10000 114mm x 4 redonda in Legno Bastoncini Leccalecca Cake Pop Bulk
- 3D Märchen 366 Fototapeten Wandbild Fototapete Bild Tapete Familie Kinder
- 3D Winter Wald Natürlich 933 Tapete Wandgemälde Tapeten Bild Familie DE Lemon
- Grill Chef 0666 Barbecue Charbon 46,5 cm
- Papel Pintado Mural De Vellón Barco De Playa Cielo 3 Paisaje Fondo De Pansize
- (18cm) - 15cm-18cm-20cm-23cm Milk Pan Tea Boiling Pot Saucepan Heavy Duty
- 5PCS Enamel Glass Tea Cup Pot Spoon Water Coffee Wedding Gift Apricot Flower A
- From I-395, take exit 10B for the southbound George Washington Memorial Parkway.
- Merge onto the parkway and continue for about 12 miles.
- Turn right onto Fort Hunt Road.
- Continue to Fort Hunt Park
On June 20, 10 Total Wine & More Wine Glasses New In Box UAA Executive Committee members introduced the new USAID Deputy Administrator Bonnie Glick to the goals and work of the USAID Alumni Association. The Deputy Administrator showed great interest in our work and directed senior staff of the Agency to work closely with us to explore opportunities for further collaboration.
Co-Chairs Chris Crowley and Nancy Tumavick, Board Member Terry Myers and Committee Co-Chair Rose Rakas presented information about UAA and ongoing activities that support USAID and outlined new initiatives under discussion with USAID senior staff members who also participated in the meeting:
- FS mentoring program and its inclusion as part of the Mission Directors Training Program at FSI;10 x 7 Waste Cooking Harden solidfier Oil Powder wholesale lot Made in Japan WT
- Oral Histories program supported by UAA volunteers who conducted some 70 interviews;
- UAA expert input to USAID policy papers at the early stages of development;
- Public Outreach in conjunction with USAID Development Diplomats, power point presentations developed with LPA, and support from the UAA Alumni network across the United States;10er SET Maxwell & Williams Oslo Schüssel oval, 20,5 x 16,5 x 7,5 cm, Porzellan,
- Annual recognition ceremony for retirees sponsored by HCTM and LPA with support from UAA;10 x VIP 'Power Bond' Seam Sealer MS-Polymer Sealant Bonder Grey VIP10G 10
- Assistance to PPL in review of evaluations and consolidation of lessons learned; and
- Establishment of a short-term internship for graduate students with the overseas Missions.
Only a short time remains for submission of nominations of a UAA member (or yourself) for the 2019 “Alumni of the Year” awards. Please send your nominations no later than July 31 to: 10 Copper Chef Cooking Frying Pan Round Pans With Glass Lid Kitchen Cookware The prestigious awards will be announced at the UAA Annual General Meeting on October 25. The “Alumni of the Year” award recognizes and celebrates new paths taken in retirement by USAID alumni to provide service to their communities and improve the lives of others at home and abroad. There are impressive contributions among our alumni community waiting to be recognized. Example categories of service that are appropriate, but not limited to10 Marquetry Floral dish Marble plate decorative handmade elephant inlay art 3a, for consideration include:
- Service with nongovernmental organizations and other groups (profit or nonprofit) that work closely with communities with special needs, at home or abroad, or both (e.g., legal services or advocacy for disadvantaged groups, foster parenting, medical service in under-served areas, etc.).
- Service with groups that promote education (at any level), the arts and sciences (e.g., museums, community theater, music appreciation, etc.).
- Support for civic programs of any kind (e.g., scouts movement or projects promoted by groups such as the Lions, Rotary, or similar).
- Leadership excellence, including contributions to intellectual development and implementation (e.g., for sustained extraordinary achievement, dedication and passion in a leadership role).
- Service by alumni, including retirees and their spouses or partners, who are UAA members and actively support contributions in furtherance of social and economic development and humanitarian relief at home or abroad.
Don’t wait until the last minute to share those stories. All nominees, including the 2019 winner(s), will be profiled in future editions of the monthly UAA newsletter. For full details about the award and how to make nominations, 10 Marquetry Floral dish Marble plate decorative handmade inlay art 9a.
The annual Spring Reception, hosted by Malcolm and Tish Butler on May 26 at their beautiful home and gardens in McLean, 10 Swissler Royal 1810 EDELSTAHL Pan Stainless Steel SR Lebenslange E10was a huge success. Over 60 UAA alumni, their guests, and USAID officials enjoyed the food, refreshments, and good friends and colleagues. The weather, although a bit warm, cooperated with no rain. If you were unable to join us at this fun event, make a note to come out in September for the UAA annual picnic at Fort Hunt Park in Alexandria.
- cm) Maker, (Crepe Ballarini 25 Saving Huge cm. 25 Pan Crêpe 39TR50.25 Siena 5523cizgu12014-Home
As reported at the AGM and in monthly UAA Newsletters, the USAID History Project is well underway. Our author John Norris has done vast amounts of research and collected many hundreds of pages of valuable material. He has read every one of the more than a hundred oral histories of retired USAID staff, perused the relevant documents available online in USAID’s Development Experience Clearinghouse (DEC), read all the relevant USAID-related news clippings he could find, read many – but not yet all – of the many published books on aspects of USAID’s work, and drawn on many other sources as well.
He has begun to refine the material, starting to turn it into chapters while also working on a book proposal to shop to publishers. It is apparent, however, that the original highly ambitious goal of a completed manuscript in 18 months was unrealistic. John now believes he will be able to complete the task by the end of 2019. Our small UAA Advisory Committee has now reviewed the first four chapters and provided advice and concrete suggestions to complement John’s well-written and very interesting drafts.10er SET METALTEX Servierplatte 40 cm oval aus INOX Edelstahlplatte Platte
Once again, we want to thank our generous UAA members for their tremendous support for the project. About $210,000 was received from more than 150 donors. We are not seeking any additional contributions at this time.10.5 in. Square Cast Iron Grill Pan Skillet Pre Seasoned Stove Top Oven Frying Upon the book’s completion we shall review the need for further support which would be designed to promote various post-publication educational activities drawing on the book.
As it does every year, in January, the UAA sent a survey document to all of its members. The purpose of the survey was to understand better how well the organization is serving the needs and interests of its member constituents. By clicking here, you can read a summary of the survey results, as brilliantly composed by Sarah Clark.
Strategic Goals and Implementation Plan: The UAA Board approved an updated 10.75-Inch Coastal bluee Plate Shatterproof Melamine Dishes 4-Pcs Dinner Plates. This statement provides a medium-term guide for the work of the UAA. It is intended to be a working document that will be reviewed and revised from time to time to reflect evolving circumstances. Members are invited to provide comments and suggestions on the goals and implementing actions at any time. 10er SET Suppenteller 18 cm aus Porzellan EAST MEETS WEST Maxwell & Williams
There has been one new entry since the March 2019 update of the Bibliography of USAID Authors (see link below) .
All new books are highlighted in blue in the bibliography and easy to find. We hope you’ll take a few minutes to look at the summaries of these books in the bibliography and perhaps buy one or two to read and keep for your personal library. Please send info on any new (or old) books by USAID authors, family members, FSNs, and PSCs to John Pielemeier at 100 Large bluee 22 Oz Beer Mugs Steins Made USA Lead Free Wholesale Lot.
To view the updated bibliography, click 100 Personalized Hand Crafted Jumbo Wine Glass for all occasions.
In 2019, the UAA will continue to recognize significant contributions by USAID Alumni through its signature Alumni of the Year Awards. Since the inception of the Awards Program in 2014, the UAA has recognized and celebrated new paths taken by USAID alumni to provide service to their communities and to make lasting contributions to others at home and abroad.100 X 150mm 15.2cm Plano Soporte de Esquina Placa para Reparar M2413
For the Alumni of the Year awards, your help is requested in identifying individuals whose post-USAID activities are truly exemplary and highlight the quality of our alumni community. We ask each of you to consider nominating (or self-nominating) someone you know who is deserving of this recognition.
Click 100% Copper Moscow Mule Cup Solid Copper Classic Round Handle Cup for drinksto view the guidance.10-Inch CAKE STAND Round Metal Wedding Event Party Display Pedestal Tower Plate
The UAA/DACOR Development Dialogues is a series of interactive conversations on a broad range of topics relevant to the interests of international development professionals.
Below are summaries of the most recent events. Each includes a link either to an audio or video of the event. Being able to listen or watch an event should be of particular interest to Association members who live outside the DC area.
For a full archive of all events that have audio or video availability, please click 100% Genuine SCANPAN Coppernox 5 Piece Cookware Set Copper Base RRP 929.00 .
Before a capacity crowd at a luncheon meeting at DACOR on Friday, July 12, Liz Schrayer, President of the US Global Leadership Coalition, gave a spirited overview of her long experience leading the bipartisan efforts of the USGLC – a broad-based coalition of over 500 businesses and NGOs – to educate political candidates around the country and in the Congress about the importance of foreign assistance and US global engagement. This UAA/DACOR Development Dialogue event drew many State Department retirees as well as UAA members, and we were also delighted to have the next generation of a USAID Foreign Service Officers, represented by the 2019 Payne Fellows, 100% Polyester Uni Nappe ou Lot de 4 Serviettes Maison Table Salle à Manger Linattend the event as well. To permit her candid commentary, Ms. Schrayer’s presentation and the Q&A period was not recorded.
On June 3, at DACOR, William “Bill” Reese, CEO Emeritus of the International Youth Foundation USA, engaged with an appreciative audience on “Addressing the Youth Bulge – Is it all about Youth?” Reese,10-Piece Cookware Stainless Steel Home Kitchen Dining Pots Pans Professional Set a very experienced NGO leader who was for nine years also head of USAID’s voluntary foreign aid advisory committee, emphasized why it was so important for the development community to help countries deal within this enormous challenge. Listen to his talk and the discussion that followed here.
The UAA has a roster of some 65 alumni around the country who regularly speak to community groups, universities and others about a range of international development and foreign affairs issues, and who are available for additional engagements. Further information about the UAA Speakers Bureau can be found in the attached brochure. To become a member of the Speakers’ Roster is simple. Just fill in the information 100% Recycled Glass Lime Green Large Salad Bowl - 12 Dx5.75 H and press the “send” button. If you are interested in finding USAID alumni in your area to speak at an event or to consult about a future program, contact 1000 de Crochets Rondelle D'Arrêt à Visser Eb 38MM 1 1 2 7d5.
Some of you may have noticed the many changes that have been made to this, the UAA website. The objective is to provide a site that members will find useful and interesting – a place you will want to return to on a regular basis. 1000 x 8 Diameter Greaseproof Paper Circles